Monday, August 4, 2008

Pop goes the Culture!

Hey all,

Being as into music, movies and comics as I am, I come across a lot of blogs on the internet. And more often than not I find them very pretentious. This internet realm has become a haven to the conceited nerd, we used to avoid eye contact with in our comic shops. A place for them to just rabbit on not really saying anything but using the forum more to show how much knowledge they have of something rather than offering an opinion or insight.
Now I'm a nerd but I like to think I have a sense of hmour about it and never get too precious.

I mean I can name pretty much every "Gargoyles" episode, I can write a poem like episode guide to Buffy(more on that in later posts) or name all the major love interests of most Marvel Characters, or producers of indie albums. But I still have a life (I hope so anyway) and I want this blog to just represent the things I love. And yes there will be passion about those things, critiques, in jokes, comments, suggestions, the whole spectrum of pop culture discussion.

Now in the Internet blogging world credentials are fairly laughable. But I work in radio, I interview bands, write movie reviews and generally comment on stuff and I hope to air some of those interviews here. Most of all I want this place to be fun. People have gotten into this weird thing of hoarding their interests. If I think someone I know will like something just as much as I do, I have no qualms about sharing it. Having other people embrace something shouldn't dismiss what that thing means to you.

So there you go, my mission statement. This is a place for discussion where I will post thoughts and interviews (if my less than average computer skills will allow me. It is a flaw, I'm not a computer nerd) but the emphasis on it being light..and well fun.

Spread the word.

-ThinkingCog

1 comment:

Kieran O'Leary said...

I admire your moxy, kid.